The Delta Dental Foundation (DDF) was established in 1980 as a nonprofit, charitable organization and serves as the philanthropic arm of Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and North Carolina. The DDF is dedicated to improving the oral health of the public and to advancing dental science through education and research. The DDF focuses its support in these categories:
- Scientific research
- Programs designed to make dental care available to those unable to afford it
- Programs to help at-risk populations and individuals with special needs obtain dental treatment
- Continuing education programs for the dental profession
- Educational materials on the importance of oral health and hazards to oral health
- Community-based educational programs for dental students
Financial support for programs/organizations that address oral health needs.
For college students who exhibit leadership and a passion for dentistry.
Delta Dental launches oral health Girl Scout patch program.